Power of Learning helps organizations by developing their employees’ ability to think. Our focus is on enhancing safety, customer service, and management performance. We accomplish this through intervention and education designed to improve decision-making skills, individual leadership, and ability to think critically.
Power of Learning, Inc. is a management consultancy providing both organizational development and safety education. Our services include education and intervention to deepen critical thinking skills, identify customer, customer touch points, increase leadership (especially as it pertains to safety), and improve decision-making skills.
Examples of organizational services include: safety program development and education, leadership mentoring, customer service training (focus is loyalty and not just satisfaction), conflict resolution, critical thinking workshop, marketing plan development, and management education.
We are very proud of our well received safety workshop titled Get to Know Your Brain for Safety’s Sake. More than 600 people have attended this workshop! See the Safety tab for more information.
What’s Going On?
- Power of Learning Show
Have a topic you would like covered? Click on the KROC logo (left, or the Radio Show tab above) and fill out our Show Topic form.
Line Worker Research - The Effect of Cognitive Training on Electric Line Worker Attentiveness
Power of Learning, Inc. and its sponsors (Appalachian Power Company, Roanoke, VA., Atkinson Power, Broomfield, CO, Shakopee Public Utilities, Shakopee, MN, and Wilson Construction, Canby, OR) have launched a study on the effectiveness of mindfulness training on attentiveness of electric line workers. The overall goal of this study is to potentially provide a means for workers to reduce incidents and injuries on the job by strengthening their attentiveness. Ward Andrews, who is Safety Director for Wilson Construction said “We know the vast majority of incidents are caused by inattention and we want to investigate ways we might be able to help workers improve their ability to focus”. Participants for the study are being recruited now from each of the sponsoring companies and will be randomly assigned to a mindfulness or base group. The research team is comprised of Jim Walters EdD president of Power of Learning, Amy Stellmack PhD and Mark Stellmack PhD. The research is projected to be completed by December, 2013.
If your company is interested in taking part in this research contact Dr. Jim Walters at 507-990-8110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Safety Related
- Monday, March 10, 2014, Kahului, Maui, National Electric Contractors Association
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014, Orlando, Florida, Utility Safety Conference & Expo.
- October 20-22, 2014 ECA Engineering & Operations Conference Hoover, AL
- Monday, November 3, 2014, Costa Mesa, California – iP Safety Conference & Expo (keynote – The System of Safety)
- March, 2015, Oregon Governors Conference, Portland, Oregon
- Recent Publications:
- Electric Light & Power – Think About Power Line Worker Safety. You can retrieve at: http://www.elp.com/articles/print/volume-91/issue-1/sections/think-about-power-line-work-safety.html
- Electricity Today (Canada) – The Coming Revolution in Electric Line Worker Injury Prevention.